About The Little Beach Cottage

Welcome to my little slice of paradise, The Little Beach Cottage. It has been my dream, since the first time my tiny toes encountered sand and sea to have my own Little Beach Cottage. There is nothing more serene than gorgeous white sand and stunning aqua water.

My blog encompasses all things "beachy", including seaside decorating, vintage beach decor, collectibles, arts and crafts, tasty recipes, beach fashion, and much more.

I will also be your source for all the activities, festivals, concerts and special events that are upcoming in the Laguna Beach/Panama City Beach area in the beautiful Florida Panhandle, including the new Pier Park.

I hope you enjoy the blog as much as I enjoy the magnificent place I now call home!

Monday, September 5, 2011

Spicy Specialty Beer Mustard

This is a recipe for a fantastic and intensely spicy mustard that will go perfectly with all your summer cookout fare and well into the tailgating season.  It is the perfect compliment to hotdogs, polish sausage, grilled hamburgers and much more.  You are only limited by your imagination!

 In a bowl, combine 1/2 cup each of black and yellow mustard seeds with 1 1/2 cups malt vinegar and 1 1/2 cups dark beer; refrigerate overnight.  In a saucepan, combine 1/2 cup dark beer with 5 tablespoons honey, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 2 teaspoons salt, 2 teaspoons allspice and 3/4 teaspoon turmeric and bring to a boil.  When cool, puree in a blender with the mustard seed mixture and 1 cup ground dried mustard.  Refrigerate overnight before serving.

It is a bit labor intensive, but well worth it.  This is truly a gourmet, homemade, bowl of mustard scrumptiousness.







No comments:

Post a Comment